NCRETAC BCON Project; To provide tourniquets in conjunction with the;
Bleeding Control for the Injured (B-Con) course that teaches basic life-saving medical interventions including bleeding control with a tourniquet, bleeding control with gauze packs or topical hemostatic agents, and opening an airway to allow a casualty to breathe. The course is designed for NON-tactical law enforcement officers, firefighters, security personnel, teachers and other civilians requiring this basic training.
Application for Tourniquets to be used in conjunction with the NAEMS BCON Instruction course only.
The Bleeding Control for the Injured (B-Con) course was developed by NAEMT's PHTLS Committee with leadership provided by Dr. Peter Pons and Dr. Norman McSwain.
NAEMT Bleeding Control Web site http://www.bleedingcontrol.org/
Who can teach the B-Con course?
- all NAEMT PHTLS or TCCC instructors.
- all other NAEMT instructors who have successfully completed the B-Con course
- all military approved TCCC instructors.
- an EMR, EMT, or Paramedic who has successfully completed the B-Con course.
- an ATLS, ATCN, TNCC or ATC instructor or provider who has successfully completed the BCon course
- Questions? Please contact